December 18, 2006

Let the Festivities Begin! And, Moving Sucks!!

So I am officially out of my apartment. It took all my energy this weekend to move. Holy cow! I even had help from 3 nice movers. I did a final walk through of the empty space, said goodbye, and took my exhausted self to my parent's house. Tonight, I get to organize all the stuff that I thought I would need in Seattle until I settled in. I may have to buy a truck to take it up there! Geez, I swear, after this move I am either abandoning all my belongings or hopefully buying a place so I don't have to do this again. At least, not for a while. Whew!


My mom threw me a fantastic brunch on Sunday. I now have enough salt and cream cheese in me to last through winter. Mmmmm.... there is really nothing more comforting than a good bagel with lox, cream cheese, smoked fish and various veggies. Some people like mashed potatoes, me I like the good Jewish comfort foods. Kugel. Blintz. I think I ate a cucumber slice and a tomato slice. So it wasn't totally bad for me. Ahem.

The next few weeks will be very busy- seeing everyone before I go, gearing my car up for the long road trip. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, sounds yummy. Think I might have to get me a bagel now. Looking forward to brunch on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

That was me, Ariella, by the way. I didn't get how to leave my name. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great ending and beginning. I really waNT some kugel now !!!!! Thanks!