December 20, 2006

Moroccan food, celebrities, and a happy tummy

Well, it's not everyday that you get to meet a celebrity. And shake his hand. Even in LA. But, that is exactly what I got to do last night. Mom took me to Tagine, by far the best Moroccan food I think I have ever had. If you are in LA, or planning to be here, don't just think about going there, get in gear and RUN! We had so many yummy things - started with home made humus and pita bread, followed by a fantastic broccoli soup, an amazing bastilla, and then shrimp in a divine sauce. Our main course was amazing- Mom had the fish tagine, and I had the lamb shank. All the while sipping sweet Moroccan mint tea. I am drooling just thinking about it. Lucky me, I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow! Oh, and the celebrity? Ryan Gosling, who is part owner of the restaurant. You would know him from "The Notebook". Thanks to Ben (the other owner) for such great food, and Yusef for keeping the food coming and the conversation flowing. On a scale of 1-10, I give it a 15. Seriously, if you are in LA, or plan to be in LA soon, go to this place. Your tummy will thank you! The address is 132 N Robertson Blvd, at Wilshire.

No comments: