January 15, 2007

Happiness

This is the time in my life that I should be the most stressed because holy shit, I have no income! Holy crap my benefits are gone as of February! What the hell was I thinking moving two whole states away from everyone I know and love??

But then, for the first time in so long, I feel happy. It is a happiness that goes all the way down to my toes. I look out the window and see snow and ice; bare branches and green, green trees. To have quiet outside the door and windows, not helicopters and noise from cars and radios and TVs. To see birds. Not just pigeons, starlings and sparrows, but hawks and geese and ducks, and a whole slew of other kinds of birds that I can't name. I'm so excited to have walking trails that I can walk on right from my front door. This is ridiculous, but I feel like I should be saying "Where have you been all my life?".

I have a real sanctuary. The best part is that I don't even have to drive to get there. I think I’d been looking for this for so long that I forgot what exactly it even was. I love it here, and I have the feeling things are about to change...for the better. I can't wait!

No comments: