January 2, 2007

Happy New Year!

You are what you eat. If the saying is true, then I am now this:





My mom's friend Geneva surprised me with a home cooked meal that brings me back to when I was young. Every Christmas Eve we would go to their house and have a fantastic dinner: fried chicken, mac and cheese, candied yams, green beans and lemon cake. All home made. All so good it made you want to dance around with joy, except for the fact that you were too full to even breathe. So when she called and invited us to go for New Year's Day dinner, we all cleared our calendars, didn't eat all day, and headed over to her house. It was just as good as I remember it to be. What better way to start the New Year than with friend chicken and mac and cheese? Mom said I had a shit-eating grin as soon as I sat down, and she was right. I rolled out of there carrying all the leftovers (thank you Aunty Geneva!) and will be enjoying them until I hit the road on Saturday. While my waist may not be pleased with all the food, my heart certainly is! Geneva's food = Love.

I hope everyone had a happy new year - I think 2007 is going to be a good year for us all.

No comments: