December 27, 2006

Support of my Yarn Habit or, Retail Therapy

My adventure to Bellevue has already begun! I think the universe has nudged me in the right direction. I sent a job inquiry to a local yarn shop and they called me back. I spoke with the owner, Shannon, for a few minutes and she is going to give me a trial run working there on the weekends! I start on January 11th. I don't think I have been this excited about a job since I graduated college. So this will be my fun money, my money to support my knitting 'habit' and I will be able to learn on the job! I can't wait to get my hands on all the fun yarns they have there. While this won't be my main source of income, I think this will the most fun I have had at a job in a long, long time. Once I get up there I will have pictures to post of the store, and me in the store!

3 comments:

Aunt Melissa said...

I am SOOOOOOooooo excited for you! Your new start in Seattle/Bellevue sounds like so much fun. Excellent, Excellent, Excellent. May this mark the begining of a future filled with great, fun jobs and countless adventures in the creative arts! May much wealth and success follow!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! Awesome! Linked here from CAP's blog, and I work in Bellevue! Some folks can be kinda snooty and a tad uptight out there in MicrosoftLand. Don't take it personal, just ask yourself what would Crazy Aunt Purl do? ;-)

Erica said...

Carolanne,

Thank for the heads up! I'm used to snotty people, I'm coming up there from Los Angeles, and believe me, we may have the reputation of being really laid back, but there are some seriously snotty folks here! :) I'm excited to move up there. Come visit me at the store- it's called Cultured Purls and it's in Issaquah http://www.cultured-purls.com/, I start on the 10th. I love, love, love CAP's blog. She is my idol. Wish I was as witty! :)