February 7, 2007

A Few Odds and Ends

I discovered a cool new way to hang the handmade scarves that I create. Not only is it practical, but it’s pretty too!!


I used an over the door towel hanger. I'm sure they make really pretty, fancy ones but this was a la Tarjay and it works just fine. Too bad they haven't invented touch-o-vision yet, cuz the best part about all of these is how they feel!
*******************************************

I went walking around the neighborhood the other day. There are a bunch of paved little trails that go all around the area. So I went exploring. The best part is that the park area is behind a strip mall. You sure don't see that in LA! So here is the entrance to the park area:

It was beautiful when it was all covered in snow. Now it's merely pretty.

I started on the trail and came across this:


Now, if that isn't a sign that I am on the right path, I don't know what is. Seriously, this was just on the ground as I started on the trail. (For those of you that don't know, I collect dragons).
Next I saw this and just thought it was gorgeous. There were only a few spots left at 4pm that still had frost on them.
This was a shot that I got, just as the sun was going down and the light was hitting the Cascades. I wish I had a better camera cuz this shot did not do it justice.
And, just so you all know, this was my view walking back up the hill to the apt. It was clear and beautiful, and the sky was actually that blue. I am a very lucky person to be living here.

2 comments:

Aunt Melissa said...

GORGEOUS pictures! And I LOVE the scarf idea. That is such a beautiful way to store and display your handiwork. I'm so impressed by your collection, too! I'm running out of adjectives, so I will just say they are gorgeous.

Knit on, crafty gal!

Anonymous said...

Outstanding idea for scarf storage. I have been contemplating what to do with all of mine, and you've provided the answer to my dilemma. You know I remember most of your scarves!!

(I think I just figured out how to make comments here! Ooh la la!)

The Dragon is so appropriate for you - an amazing find (there are no coincidences...) Is it a tarot card or just a cool piece of art (park art)?

Keep the photos coming, especially of the open areas, real woods, snow...everything missing in LA.