March 8, 2007

Ant Thoughts

You know those times when your brain is so overloaded, and you are so frazzled, that you start out to go somewhere and within .003 seconds you completely forget where you were going and why? I was walking down the hall at work the other day at Ginormo Software Co, Inc. watching someone walking in front of me. The person stopped mid stride and stood there for a second. Then started up again. And, being at Ginormo Software Co, Inc. I had an odd thought- Do ants forget where they are going and why? I mean, if you looked at my work location from space we would all look like little ants on the surface of the planet. Much like how we look down at ants carrying on their daily duties and things. But do they do it too? Say John Ant, busily heading out to find food, or water, or whatever ants are so busy doing, suddenly stops and has to stretch his antennae a bit to recall just what he was doing. Or do they always know what they are doing and why? Cuz if they do, then I think they may just be higher on the food chain than we think.


1 comment:

Aunt Melissa said...

I totally relate!

Although the experience wasn't exactly the same, but it was equally well, disconcerting and blind following blind ant-like in nature...

Friday, I drove my car to Universal to catch the Red Line downtown. I ran into someone I knew in the elevator and was wrapped up in a quick, quick catch-up conversation, then ran down the stairs just as a train stopped. I jumped on, the doors closed, and the conductor said, "This train's final destination is North Hollywood". Oh crap. I really wanted him to say Union Station, instead.

downside? 30 minutes late to work.
upside? 4 rows on the latest knitting project.

check out the progress

http://auntmelissaskitchen.blogspot.com/

Happy Saturday, my friend!