March 27, 2007

Spring has Sprung!

It is officially Spring here in the Pacific Northwest, although you wouldn’t know it today since it is overcast, drizzly and altogether dreary. The perfect day to be at home with a nice roaring fire, a cup of tea, and a good book (or in my case, knitting needles clacking away!). I had a good friend come to town at the last minute and we had a fabulous day at the Arboretum. We couldn’t have asked for better weather- it was sunny (yup, you read that correctly) and not too chilly. All the cherry blossom trees were in full bloom, as well as some magnolias and a bunch of other stuff that I don’t know the name of. It was gorgeous. We walked around for about 2 hours, and of course I took about eleventy-eight billion pictures of everything. I had completely forgotten to bring my tripod, which bummed me out, but I still managed to get a few good shots.






We then headed to get some lunch in the Madison Park area. It’s a very cute little neighborhood with amazingly beautiful homes. And you can actually walk down to Lake Washington and just enjoy the view, whhich is exactly what we did. We were visited by two very inquisitive, and brave, ducks. They literally came to within about 7 inches of us. It was amazing. Clearly, they were thinking we had food for them. Too bad they couldn’t read the big sign that said “Please don’t feed the ducks” or they wouldn’t have bothered. But it was cool to see them in their little ducky glory waddling around. Of course, I wanted to kiss their tummies, but I don’t think they would have let me.




And, just to make sure all you folks out there in the blogosphere know, there are some CRAZY people here. There was a man who went swimming in the lake wearing only a swim cap and his speedo. I was cold, and I was bundled up in my jacket and scarf. He was simply insane!



***********************

In other news, I think I am about to become the official photographer for my friend’s newsletter. She is launching a Green company and since I love taking pictures anyway, it’s a good deal. As she said, I won’t get Green paper, but I will get recognition for the shots. So I am happy with that.








No comments: